- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces butter or margarine,
at room temperature
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened Dutch
process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Put a light coating of butter or margarine onto
an 11 x 17 or 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan, then line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, salt, butter or margarine and
- Add the eggs, cocoa, vanilla extract, flour and 1 1/2 cups of the nuts. Mix together
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a wooden pick
into the center of the pan. If the pick comes out free of moist batter, the brownies
are fully cooked.
- Let cool to room temperature.