Macadamia Fudge Designer Brownies
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Garnish: Chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Brownies: Combine sugar, butter and unsweetened chocolate in a large saucepan;
cook over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and
let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, flour and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Pour Fudge Frosting over top; chill 15 minutes, and cut into squares. Garnish if desired.
- Fudge Frosting: Heat whipping cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add
chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature
Source: Southern Living, February 1994