- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated
- 1 egg white
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) container baby food prune puree
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips, melted
- Macaroon Topping: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch
square baking pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg white, flour and coconut extract until
- Stir in flaked coconut. Set aside.
- Brownies: In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour,
sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the baby food prunes,
buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Add egg white mixture to the flour mixture and
mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Spread Macaroon Topping over the brownie batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool, in the pan, on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Drizzle over brownies. Decorative tip: Swirl a wooden
pick through the melted chips after drizzling them on the brownies.