Malted Milk Brownies
Malted milk flavors these blonde brownies, loaded with nuts and chips and iced with melted caramel.
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups King
Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup
chocolate chips or filled baking chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- 4 ounces caramel, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, OR 12 caramel candies,
each cut in half
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the malted milk, sugar, flour,
salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients thoroughly. Beat just until
no lumps remain. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks and the nuts, reserving
2 tablespoons of the chips for topping.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake the brownies in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes, then
sprinkle the caramels over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, and sprinkle them with the remaining
- Cool for 1 hour before slicing.
Yield: about 16 brownies
Chocolate Malted Milk Brownies: Reduce the flour to 1 cup and add
1/2 cup natural cocoa.
Recipe and photo credit:
King Arthur Flour.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies