Nut Cream Filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 12 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted*, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nut Cream Filling: In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until
- Blend in egg, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Stir in flour and nuts. Set aside.
- Batter: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small saucepan, melt butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in cocoa, blending well; cool slightly.
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar and vanilla extract,
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; blend into egg
- Stir in chocolate mixture. Remove 3/4 cup batter; set aside.
- Spread remaining batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Spread Nut Cream Filing over chocolate batter.
- Drop spoonsful of reserved chocolate batter over top; with narrow
spatula or knife, swirl top chocolate batter into nut cream layer to marble.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely; cut into squares.
* Toast almonds in shallow baking pan in 350 degrees F oven, stirring occasionally,
8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before chopping.