Nut Cream Filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons
butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 12 teaspoon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted*, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Hershey's
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nut Cream Filling: In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until
- Blend in egg, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Batter: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small saucepan, melt butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in cocoa, blending well;
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar and vanilla extract,
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; blend into egg
- Stir in chocolate mixture. Remove 3/4 cup batter; set aside.
- Spread remaining batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Spread Nut Cream Filing over
- Drop spoonsful of reserved chocolate batter over top; with narrow
spatula or knife, swirl top chocolate batter into nut cream layer to marble.
for 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.
completely; cut into squares.
* Toast almonds in shallow baking pan in 350 degree F oven, stirring occasionally,
8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before chopping.