Mocha Truffle Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup
packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Brownie: In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips and butter. Stir until
smooth; cool for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and brown sugar; beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and coffee.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
to a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
completely on a wire rack.
- Filling: Dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners'
sugar, melted chocolate and coffee. Spread over brownies.
- Glaze: Melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Yields about 6 1/2 dozen.