Oatmeal Brownie Gems
- 2 3/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups M&Ms Chocolate Mini Baking Bits
- 1 (19- to 21-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl combine oats, flour, sugar, nuts and baking soda; add butter until
mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Toss in Baking Bits until evenly distributed. Reserve
3 cups mixture.
- Pat remaining mixture onto bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan to form crust.
- Pour prepared brownie mix over crust, carefully spreading into thin layer.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top of brownie mixture; pat down lightly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 48 bars.