Orange Cheesecake Brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 large
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter,
cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces fine-quality
bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan,
knocking out excess flour.
- Make cheesecake batter: In a bowl stir together cream cheese, sugar, and
zest with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Beat in egg with a fork until blended
and stir in flour.
- Make chocolate batter: In a heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan melt butter and chocolate
over low heat, stirring, until smooth and remove pan from heat.
- Cool mixture
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Stir in flour and salt
until just combined.
- Spread chocolate batter evenly in pan.
- Drop cheesecake batter by large spoonsful
onto chocolate batter and run a knife through batters to make decorative swirls.
- Bake brownies in middle of oven for 50 minutes, or until cheesecake mixture
is pale golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack before cutting into 16 squares.
- Brownies may be eaten chilled or at room temperature.
Brownies keep, layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container
and chilled, 5 days.
Source: Gourmet - December 1996
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.