Peanut Butter Brownies
Know someone who's nuts about a particular kind of candy bar? Personalize
these fudgy brownies by sprinkling her favorite chopped bite-size bits on the top.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped assorted candies*
* such as bite-size chocolate- covered peanut butter cups, candy-coated chocolate
and peanut butter pieces, chocolate-coated caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts,
and/or small decorative candies
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a heavy small saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate
over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the 3 tablespoons peanut butter.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the beaten egg, granulated sugar, flour
and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Loosen sides of springform pan. Cool brownie completely.
- Remove sides of springform pan and, using a thin metal spatula or knife, loosen
bottom of brownie from bottom of pan. Carefully transfer brownie to a flat plate
or a 7- or 8-inch cardboard round that's covered with foil.
- For glaze: In a heavy small saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons peanut butter and
1 tablespoon butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons very hot water.
- Stir in additional hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a glaze.
- Pour warm glaze over cooled brownie, spreading evenly and allowing it to drip
- Top with assorted candies.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the
refrigerator for up to 3 days (or freeze unglazed brownie for up to 1 month).
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes