Peanut Butter Brownies
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In mixing bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: about 3 dozen