Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
Craving chocolate and sweet peanut butter all wrapped up into one indulgent bar?
Start with a no-fail brownie mix, then add layers of peanut butter and melted chocolate
- 1 (18.4 ounce) box Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom
only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier
cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
- Brownie Base: Make brownies as directed on box.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Filling: In medium bowl, beat ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed
- Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- Topping: In small microwavable bowl, microwave ingredients uncovered on HIGH for 30
to 60 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes; spread over filling.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set.
- For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Cut brownies into bite-size treats for a
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time 20 min | Servings 24
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Brownie Calories 220 ( Calories from
Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g ), Cholesterol 20mg
Sodium 120mg Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 22g ), Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):