Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Pillsbury family size deluxe fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Filling: Grease a13 x 9-inch pan.
- In saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and 2 eggs. Mix well. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and pecans. Set aside.
- Brownie: In large bowl, combine brownie ingredients and beat with spoon.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Spoon filling over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Cool and cut into bars.