Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crushed hard peppermint candy
- Whole peppermint candies (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brownie: Melt chocolate chips and butter in top of a double boiler set over simmering
water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat together eggs and granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Blend in melted chocolate mixture.
- Lower speed, and add sifted flour and baking powder; blend well.
- Fold in nuts and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat together confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter and 4
tablespoons of the milk in a large mixing bowl on medium speed of electric mixer
until smooth. Add additional milk, one tablespoon at a time, to achieve desired
- Stir in crushed peppermint candy.
- Spread topping over cooled brownies.
- Cut into bars.
- Top each brownie with additional whole peppermint candy, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes