Pink Peppermint Brownies
- 1 box family size deluxe brownie mix
- 1/2 cup very
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup peppermint
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter,
- 6 to 8 teaspoons milk
- 1 drop red food color (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine all brownie ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon.
batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE. Cool.
- In medium bowl, beat all frosting ingredients until light and fluffy.
over cooled brownies.
- Cut into bars.
- Decorate with additional crushed peppermint
Yield: 36 servings