Praline and Kahlua Brownies
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 1/3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (2 squares)
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Kahlua Butter Cream Frosting
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Praline Crust: Mix together the brown sugar, butter, flour and pecans.
- Pat evenly over the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brownie Filling: In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate with the shortening and butter over low
heat. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the sugars and vanilla extract; add the eggs one at a time while beating.
- Stir in the Kahlua.
- Add the flour and salt, mixing to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour into the pan lined with praline crust and bake for 25 minutes, being careful not to over-bake.
- Let cool in the pan.
- Kahlua Butter Cream Frosting: Beat all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. If necessary,
beat in additional Kahlua for a good spreading consistency.
- Spread frosting over the top of the brownies; place in the refrigerator 1/2 hour to set before cutting.
Source: Junior League Centennial Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes