Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
A luscious cheesecake layer made with both mascarpone and cream cheeses,
nestled between double chocolate brownie layers.
- 1/2 cup canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Wisconsin mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cheesecake Layer: In small bowl, combine pumpkin purée with
cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir well; set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat mascarpone and cream cheese with
remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt 30 seconds. Add pumpkin mixture and beat until
just combined. Add sugar, flour and vanilla extract, beating until just
combined. Add egg yolks one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Set
- Brownie Layer: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 9 x 9-inch baking
dish; line with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In separate microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add sugar and mix well.
Add eggs and vanilla extract, whisking to incorporate. Stir in chocolate
chips. Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Assembly: Reserve 1/2 cup brownie batter. Spread remaining brownie
batter evenly into prepared pan. Pour cheesecake mixture over brownie
batter. Using a spoon, make 3 to 4 lines with reserved brownie batter on top
of cheesecake layer. Use wooden pick to swirl brownie batter lines into
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top of brownies is just set and tester
comes out mostly clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes