This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Fudge Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 8-inch square pan.
- Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat.
Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until light.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just blended.
- Spread 3/4 of batter in prepared pan; sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spread preserves over almonds. Carefully spoon
remaining batter over preserves, smoothing top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or just until top feels firm.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle
chocolate chips over top. Let stand a few minutes until chips melt, then spread
evenly over brownies.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When chocolate is set, cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 16 brownies.
* Bittersweet chocolate is available in specialty food stores. One square unsweetened
chocolate plus two squares semisweet chocolate may be substituted.