Raspberry Marbled Brownies
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces cream cheese,
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Beat all ingredients in small bowl on medium speed for
2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Brownie: Heat margarine and chocolate over low heat, stirring
occasionally, until melted; cool.
- Beat chocolate mixture, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs in medium bowl on medium
speed 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour and salt on low speed
30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread half of the batter in pan.
- Spread with filling.
- Gently spread remaining
batter over filling.
- Drop jam by scant teaspoonsful randomly over batter. Gently
swirl through batter, filling and jam with spoon in an over-and-under motion for
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean; cool.
- Cut into about 1 1/2 x 1-inch bars.
Makes about 60.