This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Royale Tea Brownies
- 5 Bigelow Raspberry Royale tea bags
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place water in small saucepan and heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags, submerging bags completely. Set aside to cool, then remove tea bags, squeezing
out liquid from bags.
- Place chocolate and butter in top portion of a double boiler and heat over about
2 inches of water. Heating on low, let chocolate and butter melt, stirring frequently.
- Whisk together eggs and sugars in a medium-size mixing bowl until well-blended.
- Add the cooled tea mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the melted chocolate/butter combination and stir to incorporate.
- Add flour and walnuts, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes; the center will feel firm but still moist.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer for a drier brownie.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.