Treat yourself and a loved one to the moist decadence of rich chocolate Raspberry Brownies loaded with juicy raspberries and covered with a thin layer of your favorite nuts.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Challenge Butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (individually quick frozen not in syrup)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10 x 15-inch rimmed baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture by hand to moisten dry ingredients and avoid dusting; then mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle frozen raspberries evenly over batter and gently press them into batter.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Yield: 2 dozen (2 1/2-inch) squares or 4 dozen (approximately 1 1/2-inch squares)
Source: Challenge package recipe developed by Challenge Home Economist.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: