This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Reduced Fat Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup low-fat margarine, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat semisweet baking chips
- In large bowl, stir together cocoa and baking soda; stir in 1/3 cup melted margarine.
- Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, egg whites, vanilla
extract and remaining 1/3 cup melted margarine; stir until smooth.
- Add flour and salt; blend completely.
- Stir in baking chips; pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull
away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Yields 36 brownies.