This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rich Chocolate Brownies
This recipe contains no baking powder or baking soda, ensuring extra dense and
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, well mashed
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup broken walnut meats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F if using a glass pan).
- Combine flour and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt margarine or butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small pan on low heat.
Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add mashed banana.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Gradually sift and stir in flour mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan that has been sprayed with Pam or cooking
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 16 sinfully delicious brownies.