This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Milk or more rum, if needed
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 (3 ounce) white chocolate candy bar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- Brownie: Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; cool.
- Stir flour and salt together; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until thick.
- Blend in chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in the nuts.
- Spread evenly in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cool and spread Buttercream Filling over top. Frost with Chocolate Frosting.
- Buttercream Filling: Blend all ingredients well until of desired spreading consistency.
- Chocolate Frosting: Melt semisweet chocolate in top of double boiler. Cool and
spread over buttercream filling.
- Melt white chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening in top of double boiler. Cook
and stir until creamy. Pipe this mixture over top in a checkerboard pattern. Let
stand until firm.