Rum-Raisin Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan.
- Soak raisins in rum in bowl until plump, about 30 minutes.
- Stir butter and unsweetened chocolate in heavy medium saucepan over low heat
until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar and eggs.
- Mix in raisins with liquid, then flour.
- Mix in chips.
- Transfer batter to pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted
into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes.
- Cool brownies in pan on rack.
- Cut into squares.
Makes 16 brownies.
Source: Bon Appetit December 1999
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes