This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Seattle Latte Brownies
- 6 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and grease
well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, microwave the chocolate, butter, water and instant coffee crystals
in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 to 4 minutes or until butter is melted,
stirring once or twice.
- Remove from microwave oven. Stir until chocolate is completely
- Beat in granulated and brown sugars with electric mixer on low to medium speed
until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add flour, almonds, cinnamon and salt; beat at low speed until combined. Spread
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with
fudgy crumbs. (Do not over-bake.) Cool in pan.
- Lift foil from pan. Cut brownies into squares.
- If desired, stir together the
confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Sift or sprinkle on brownies.
Makes 16 brownies.
Per brownie: 307 calories, 18g total fat, 64mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium,
36g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 4g protein. Dietary exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate,
Source: Hometown Cooking - August 2000