This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Shasta Mountain Brownies
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookie crumbs (8 ounces), about 10 cookies, crushed
- Vegetable oil spray for pans
- Flour for pans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray, then flour two 9-inch square pans.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over low heat; cool.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed
until thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate-butter mixture, then slowly add flour. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in cookie crumbs and most of the pecans.
- Spread batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until set. The brownies will be soft in the center.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into 3-inch squares.