Sinful Rum Fudge Nut Brownies
This recipe could almost double for fudge. Store these in the refrigerator and
they will improve with age – if they last long enough!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Tortuga Dark Rum
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts without peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa and mix with a wire whisk until
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the sugar-cocoa
mix and water and stir well. Cook stirring constantly, over medium heat five minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the rum, stirring until it stops foaming.
Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with Baker's
Joy or lightly grease and flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder and stir well.
- Stir the
egg into the chocolate mixture, then gradually add the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until
a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with only a few crumbs attached, but
- Remove and cool completely before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
Source: Tortuga Rum Fever & Caribbean Party Cookbook by Barbara
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes