This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sinful Rum Fudge Nut Brownies
This recipe could almost double for fudge. Store these in the refrigerator and
they will improve with age – if they last long enough!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Tortuga Dark Rum
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts without peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa and mix with a wire whisk until
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the sugar-cocoa
mix and water and stir well. Cook stirring constantly, over medium heat five minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the rum, stirring until it stops foaming.
Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with Baker's
Joy or lightly grease and flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder and stir well.
- Stir the
egg into the chocolate mixture, then gradually add the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until
a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with only a few crumbs attached, but
- Remove and cool completely before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
Source: Tortuga Rum Fever & Caribbean Party Cookbook by Barbara