South of the Border Brownies
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (about 6 ounces)
Brown Sugar Topping
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brownies: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat until
melted and smooth. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla extract, stirring until batter is smooth.
- Add flour until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center comes
out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Brown Sugar Topping: Combine sugar, cream and butter in heavy small saucepan
over low heat until mixture is smooth and just starting to boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk until thick enough to spread. Spread over brownie.
- Allow to stand until topping sets.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes