Strawberry-Frosted Banana Brownies
Brownies, bananas and berries, oh my! Stir up a batch today.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh sliced strawberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or
spray bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box; stir in bananas. Spread into pan.
- Bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted 2 inches from side
of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
- In food processor, process strawberries until pureed.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered
sugar, strawberries, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
Spread over cooled brownies.
- Garnish with strawberry slices, if desired.
Prep Time: 20 min | Makes: 24 brownies
Make it a brownie bonanza with ice cream, fresh bananas and hot chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Information: 1 brownie: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 70); Total
Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 105mg; Total
Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 2 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):