Super Chunk Brownies
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried
cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12 x 7 1/2-inch glass baking dish with nonstick
- Melt chocolate and butter together in bowl over simmering water in saucepan.
Stir until smooth.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in second large bowl with electric mixer until ribbony, 3
to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate-butter mixture and vanilla extract until blended.
- Blend in
- Reserve 2 tablespoons nuts. Add remaining nuts, cherries and chocolate
- Scrape into pan.
- Sprinkle reserved nuts over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes
or until firm on top.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.