Dress up a brownie mix with bananas, macadamia nuts and caramel, and enjoy the
- 1 box (19.5 ounces) Pillsbury® Traditional Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup CRISCO® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 1/2 cups toffee bits
- 1 cup Fisher® Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 2 firm ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup SMUCKER'S® Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray 13 x 9-inch pan with CRISCO® Original
No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon.
- Add 1 cup of the toffee bits, the nuts and bananas; stir just until well blended.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits over top.
- Bake for 38 to 48 minutes or until center is set when lightly touched, top is slightly
dry and edges just start to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- To serve, drizzle each brownie with caramel topping.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies.
Prep Time: 20 Min | Makes: 24 brownies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 1/3 cup. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose
flour to dry brownie mix. Increase water to 1/3 cup. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
to dry brownie mix.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Pillsbury - Pillsbury Bake-Off, Gwen Beauchamp,
Lancaster, TX, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008