- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Add butter and mix until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl, setting aside
1 cup of mixture.
- Add baking powder to mixture.
- Beating lightly with a fork, add
egg and yogurt. Continue beating until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking
pan and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center
comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan before slicing.
Yields: 24 brownies