Touchdown Brownie Cups
- 1 cup butter (no substitute)
- 1/2 cup cocoa or European-style cocoa
- 1 cup
packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper or foil bake
- In large microwave-safe bowl, place butter. Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 1 1/2
minutes or until melted.
- Add cocoa; stir until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and granulated
sugar; stir until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour
and 1 cup pecans; stir until well blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full with batter; sprinkle 1 teaspoon remaining
nuts over top of each.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are beginning to dry
- Cool completely in cups on wire rack.
Yields about 17 brownie cupcakes.