Triple Chocolate Toffee Brownies
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Heath candy bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate with the butter over low
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract to
cool the chocolate slightly.
- Add the eggs, beating well by hand.
- Sprinkle in the
flour, cocoa, salt, chopped Heath bars, and pecans. Stir to combine everything,
but do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 23 to 25
minutes. The brownies should remain a little "smooshy" in the center.
- Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.