- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup strong brewed
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, set
- In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, melt chocolate pieces and
- Stir in coffee until combined.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with electric mixer until foamy.
- Add sugar
and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed and beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if you like.
Makes 36 brownies.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.