Ultimate Chewy Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 1 3x 9-inch baking pan. Set
- Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate and semisweet chocolate in 2-quart saucepan
over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (4 to 7 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in 2 1/2 cups sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Add 6 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour and salt; mix
just until all ingredients are moistened and brownie mixture is smooth.
- Spread half of brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping
bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Dollop cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture.
- Spoon remaining brownie mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Swirl brownie mixture and cream cheese mixture with knife.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until
brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan. (DO NOT OVER-BAKE.)
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Store refrigerated.
Makes 48 brownies.
Reduce baking temperature by 25 degrees F if using dark or nonstick baking
For the most tender brownies, stir the brownie mixture until smooth; do not over-mix.
Nutrition Facts (1 brownie): Calories: 140 Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 45 mg Sodium:
85 mg Carbohydrates: 18 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 2 g