Waiter, There's a Truffle in My Brownie!
An all-adult version you'll soon be addicted to!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cup unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 pound chocolate truffles*
* more or less after eating a few on the way home!), your choice of flavors with
solid centers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the butter and bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler set over
simmering water. Stir often over low heat until chocolate/butter mixture is
melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a bowl.
- Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract, blending
- Stir in flour and truffle pieces. Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch square
- Bake until brownie is just set, about 20 minutes. Do not over-bake.
cool in a pan on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool, cut into pieces. Top portions to taste with vanilla
ice cream or frozen yogurt and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
Source: from Bev Shaffer, Cooking School Director - fox8cleveland