Walnut Raspberry Brownies
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Melt chocolate and Crisco over warm water; cool slightly.
- Blend together eggs,
vanilla, sugar and salt; stir in chocolate mixture, then flour.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Turn into well greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Spoon jam over hot brownies; spread carefully. Let cool.
- Top with a chocolate glaze.