- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container vanilla ready-to-spread frosting (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Green and red food coloring
- Chocolate chips for "seeds"
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with foil; grease foil.
If using a disposable pan, place on a cookie sheet to bake.
- Use only a spoon to beat together the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs
in a large bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Spread into prepared foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- Stir several drops of green food coloring into 1/2 cup frosting; spread on outer
1 1/2 inches of brownie to form the green rind.
- Place 1/4 cup vanilla frosting in
a plastic bag; cut a tiny piece from corner. Pipe a band of white rind inside the
- Stir together remaining frosting and red food color to form pink flesh of melon;
spread inside entire middle.
- Place chips on for seeds.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
Makes 10 servings.
Source: Hershey Food Corporation