White Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Beat together egg and sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract
and butter; beat well.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Beat into butter mixture just until blended.
Fold in chocolate and nuts.
- Spread half of mixture into baking pan, smoothing surface.
- Spread evenly with jam.
- Spoon on remaining batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is barely set.
Makes 12 brownies.