White Chocolate Walnut Brownie
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Maple Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brownie: Sift flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again.
- Add chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean or with slightly fudgy-looking crumbs.
- Serve with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
- Maple Butter Sauce: Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter
is melted. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add walnuts, if desired.