York Sensational Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 small (1 1/2-inch) York Peppermint Patties
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl with spoon or wire whisk, stir together butter, sugar and vanilla
- Add eggs; stir until well blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder
and salt; blend well. Reserve 2 cups batter; set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- Unwrap Peppermint Patties. Arrange patties in single layer over batter, about
1/2 inch apart.
- Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes
or until brownies begin to pull apart from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack' cut into squares.
Yield: about 36 brownies
Source: From a 1998 Hershey's Food Company Ad in the newspaper