Chocolate Chip Watermelon Cookies
These watermelon cookies are a perfect addition to your summertime picnic! Using
our refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies are sliced into watermelon
shapes and decorated with icing and semi-sweet mini morsel toppers.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 (16-ounce) container ready-to-use vanilla frosting, divided use
- Red and green
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Mini Morsel Toppers
- Freeze cookie dough roll for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice cookie dough roll into 12 even slices. Cut each slice in half to form a
wedge. Place wedges 2 to 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Upon removal from oven, with
edge of knife, immediately reshape each cookie to be a half circle. Cool on baking
sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 1/4 cups frosting into small bowl. Stir a few drops of red food coloring
into icing, adding additional drops, to reach desired shade of pink. To remaining
frosting in container, stir in drops of green food coloring to shade of green desired.
- To Decorate: Spread pink frosting over each cookie in a half circle, leaving
a border on curved side for green frosting. While frosting is wet, sprinkle with
Toppers to make seeds, pressing Toppers slightly to adhere.
- To pipe green frosting, place frosting in pastry bag or small, plastic food storage
bag. Cut a small corner from bag. Pipe green icing on
rounded edge of pink icing. Allow cookies to set.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container.
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and Meals.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes