Chocolate Pepper Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 to 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, for
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, add to the butter mixture and beat until well
mixed; if the dough seems too soft, add up to 1/4 cup more flour.
- Shape into a flattened round, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a well floured board, roll out the dough until 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into
shapes and set 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, do not allow to darken.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over tops.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen.