These are my favorites!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix butter, cream and flour well. Cover and chill.
- Work 1/3 of the dough at a time. Keep the remaining dough in the refrigerator.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured board. Cut into 1 1/2-inch rounds.
Use a spatula to move the rounds to wax paper that is covered with granulated sugar.
Make sure that both sides of the rounds are coated with the sugar. Transfer the
rounds to an ungreased cookie sheet and prick them with a fork 4 times in a straight
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until they are set but not browned. Cool on a rack.
- Filling: Cream butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Separate
into 2-4 bowls. Tint with the colors of your choice.
- To assemble: Spread filling on one round. Cover with a second round to make a
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/7/2001 12:29 am.
Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook - circa 1975