Dusty Cookies (Polvorones)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put flour, confectioners' sugar and pecans into the bowl of an electric mixer
or a food processor fitted with the metal blade. With the mixer on low, beat in
the butter bit by bit. Or, pulsing the processor, add the butter bit by bit. Add
egg and vanilla extract, and beat or process until the dough is thoroughly blended
and masses together.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of wax paper to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Place on
a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Peel off the wax paper. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or a small knife,
placing them on a parchment paper-lined or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for
- Gather together the scraps of dough and re-roll.
- Bake cookies for 13 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges.
Cool on the pan on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water.
With a fork, drizzle chocolate streaks across the cookies.
Omit chocolate and dust the cookies
with confectioner's sugar or confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.
Before the chocolate has set, drop some toasted pumpkin seeds on top of the cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.