- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Logs: Beat butter at medium speed of electric mixer until soft and creamy; gradually
add sugar, beating well. Add egg and flavorings, mixing well.
- Combine flour and nutmeg; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well. Divide
dough into 10 portions. Roll each portion into a 15-inch long rope, and cut each
rope into 5 (3-inch) logs.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; bake
at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Dip log ends into Vanilla Frosting; roll in pecans.
- Vanilla Frosting: Beat butter at medium speed of electric mixer until soft and
creamy. Add sugar and milk alternately, beating mixture after each addition. Add
vanilla extract; beat until smooth and mixture reaches spreading consistency.
Makes 50 logs.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.