These are soft and puffy molasses cookies. Perfect for gingerbread boys!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/3 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups dark molasses
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 6 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Paste food coloring
- Mix thoroughly the shortening, brown sugar and molasses; stir in water.
- Sift together remaining ingredients and stir in.
- Chill dough.
- Roll dough out very thick (1/2 inch). Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Place
far apart on lightly greased baking sheet. You may sprinkle the tops with sugar
before you bake them.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until no imprint remains when touched
lightly with finger.
Yields 1 dozen cookies; 1 cup frosting
Follow recipe for dough, except mix in 1 more cup of flour.
Roll out thick. Cut cookies out with a gingerbread boy cookie cutter.
Pipe Frosting as desired.
Combine first 4 ingredients. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer 1 minute
or until of piping consistency. Stir in food coloring as desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes