Give Dad a Hand Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3
cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Decorating icing in tube or can
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl on medium
speed of mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture,
beating until well blended. Drop dough by slightly heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased
cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart (put only 4 on a cookie sheet). Shape into balls.
With palm of hand, flatten to 3 1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
(Cookies will spread during baking; baked cookies will be about 5 inches in diameter.)
Cool 3 minutes; using a wide spatula, carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire
rack. Cool completely.
- Make a pattern of child's hand on paper, with fingers spread. Cut out the
pattern; place pattern on cookie. Using pattern as a guide, outline hand with icing;
repeat with remaining cookies. Garnish if desired.
Makes 12 to 14 cookies.
Posted by bizimouse at Recipe Goldmine 6/13/01 2:31:22 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes