- 1 package yeast
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar
- Melted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Pastry: Put sifted flour into large mixing bowl. Mix in yeast. Cut in butter
with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add egg yolks and sour cream; mix
well. Form into a ball. On lightly floured board, knead until smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Wrap in wax paper. Chill in refrigerator at
least 1 hour.
- On a board sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, roll each part of dough into
an 8-inch circle; cut each into 8 pie-shape wedges. Fill wide end of each wedge
with 1 tablespoon walnut filling. Roll up from wide end to point. Place on greased
baking sheet, curving ends to form crescent shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners'
- Walnut Filling: Combine walnuts, sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in stiffly beaten